Monday, March 30, 2009

Executive portrait


This is an environmental portrait of Christopher Donahue, CEO and President, Federated Investors, recently photographed for Pensions and Investments Magazine at Federated Investors, Pittsburgh. This was a fun shoot, Mr. Donahue graciously allowed his time for two different locations with variations. For this image, I processed the RAW file in a way that makes the photo look more like a painting. It is a new technique (at least for me) that I have been experimenting a little with lately. I'm still not sure if I really like the look for the "look", or just because I can "do it in Photoshop". What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I like this shot. It has a very illustrative feel to it. was this a third party plugin that you used ? The feeling this effect conveys works for this image well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The effect is from messing with highlight/shadow controls, saturation, and some grain added via PhotoKit. Nothing new...just something that I have never tried before.

    ReplyDelete